Traditionally, strength training could only be done in a gym with professional equipment. No longer. Getting started building muscle doesn’t require a lot of equipment. There are plenty of simple yet effective pieces of home fitness equipment out there that can help you build strength and gain muscle mass as fast as you want at home, such as the Core Home Fitness Adjustable Dumbbell Set and the Glute Drive.
Don’t let being intimidated by strength training or working out at home deter you from making the most of it. You can get started in just a few minutes! Putting together an easy-to-follow guide with workouts suitable for any experience level, we’ve put together a guide that will make you feel more confident in your body and make you feel more motivated to get started. To increase strength you can add the good mornings smith machine exercise to your morning routine.
Strength Training at Home: A Starter’s Guide
- Move your body
Warming up your muscles is important before starting strength training exercises. Doing light to moderate physical activity for about five minutes is the best way to achieve this. Walk or running in place, jump jacks, or jumping rope are some popular warm-up exercises. It prepares your muscles so you’re less likely to get injured during your workout by giving your heart and muscles time to prepare.
- Exercises you can do at home to strengthen your muscles
Two to three times a week, perform these exercises after your warmup. When you gain strength, add more weight and more sets, starting with one set of eight to 10 repetitions each.
Dumbbell walking lunges
Exercises such as lunges engage your back, core, glutes, hamstrings, quadriceps, and calves. It will enhance your body symmetry, improve your balance, and help you lose weight. Adding the Core Home Fitness Adjustable Dumbbell Set to your lunges will improve their effectiveness if you have never done them before. You will need two dumbbells in each hand as you lunge as described below, choosing a weight that is comfortable for you.
- Put your feet together and your arms to the side as you stand.
- Bend your front leg 45 degrees as you step forward.
- Your back leg should be pointing toward the floor and you should hold it.
- Repeat on the other side by standing up and bringing your feet together.
- Maintain proper form while repeating eight to ten times on each leg.
Quads, glutes, calves, core, and hamstrings are among the muscles targeted by this crucial exercise. It is true that squats can be performed in a variety of ways, but the fundamental movement remains the same. By adding weights to your squat, you can improve its effectiveness. Squat with your arms extended while holding the adjustable dumbbells to your shoulders.
- Make sure your legs are at least shoulder-width apart.
- Squat to the ground with your back straight and your knees bent.
- At the top, clutch your glutes and return to standing.
- If you want to get more results, add more weight.
- Eight to ten times should be repeated.
Hip Thrusts with the Glute Drive
With the Core Home Fitness Glute Drive, hip thrusts become even more effective since they target the glutes. You are more likely to avoid injuries when you perform this exercise correctly and support your spine. Your body can be worked out at the right level of resistance using the Glute Drive.
- Sit on the bench with the belt fastened and set your desired resistance on the Glute Drive.
- By keeping your pelvis tucked, you will stabilize your core.
- Keep your feet on the floor while driving your hips upward. Once you have lifted the weight, squeeze your glute muscles.
- Return to the starting position by slowly lowering your hips.
- Eight to ten repetitions are recommended.
A full-body exercise like this is a great addition to your at-home strength training regimen. All three body parts are worked in one movement with this simple but effective move. Strength training with planks can improve your health and strength while lowering your injury risk. There are multiple variations of the plank, but the basic one is as follows:
- Your forearms should be out in front of you and your shoulders and elbows should be aligned.
- You can either position yourself on your forearms or with your palms down and arms straight.
- Keep your head and back aligned as you lift your body, pressing your forearms/hands and toes into the ground.
- Maintain proper form for as long as possible.
This classic exercise strengthens a variety of body parts, including your core, your back, your chest, and your shoulders. By doing pushups, you will improve your overall fitness while building strength and physique in your upper body. Pushups can be done in a variety of ways, but this is the primary method.
- Place your hands on the ground while performing a plank position.
- Flatten your back and brace your core while on the floor.
- As you push yourself off the ground, bend your elbows.
- Ten to twenty times should be repeated.
At home, you can perform an incredibly effective shoulder press with adjustable dumbbells. You should include shoulder presses in your exercise routine so you can best work your triceps, shoulders, and upper chest. The primary method of a shoulder press goes like this, although you can alter the grip, angle, and variations to work different muscles.
- Hold one dumbbell in each hand and adjust the weight to your preference.
- Choose a lighter weight for more repetitions if weight loss is the goal.
- Consider lifting heavier weights for fewer repetitions if you want to gain mass.
- You should keep your elbows bent at 90 degrees with your elbows out.
- Without leaning back, lift the weight above your head.
- Regain your starting position by slowly lowering your arms.
- Eight to ten times should be repeated.
TRAINING AT HOME
At home, strength training can be done fairly easily. In your own home, you can achieve gym-quality strength training results with the right equipment and exercises. All skill levels can perform these simple exercises, since they’re easy to understand and perform. In your home, you can use a bench, resistance bands, and more to do these simple exercises using a machine like the Glute Drive Plus.
It has never been easier to train at home for strength. Whether you’re just getting started or continuing your fitness journey, now is a perfect time.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?