Right here is the scenario as of Sunday, July 16, 2023.
- In accordance with the area’s Moscow-appointed governor, Russian forces thwarted a Ukrainian drone assault on the port of Sevastopol within the annexed Crimean peninsula. No casualties had been reported within the drone strike.
- Ukrainian officers mentioned Russian shelling of an administrative constructing within the village of Stepnohorsk within the southern Zaporizhia area killed three civilians. “There are three wounded: two ladies and one man,” mentioned Andriy Yermak, head of Ukraine’s presidential administration.
- Professional-Moscow officers in Zaporizhia, in the meantime, mentioned Ukrainian forces destroyed a faculty within the village of Stolny, whereas air protection forces intercepted a drone over the city of Tokmok.
- Ukrainian and Polish officers mentioned fighters from the Wagner Group had arrived in Belarus from Russia, a day after Minsk mentioned mercenaries had been coaching the nation’s troopers southeast of the capital.
- Russia’s Federal Safety Service, or FSB, mentioned it was a gaggle of neo-Nazis Arrested in connection with the Ukrainian conspiracy for killing Margarita Simonin, editor-in-chief of the state-funded RT Worldwide tv channel, and journalist and celeb Kenya Sobchak. The FSB didn’t say how many individuals had been arrested, however Russian media later mentioned seven suspects had been detained by a Moscow court docket.
- Russia’s Protection Ministry mentioned it had accomplished its deliberate spring call-up of 147,000 navy recruits, 12,500 greater than final 12 months’s draft.
- South Korean President Yoon Seok-yul A surprise visit to Ukraine and pledged to extend non-lethal help to Ukraine, together with physique armor and helmets. Yoon, who visited the Kiev suburbs of Arpin and Bucha, mentioned South Korea would supply $150 million in humanitarian help this 12 months, up from $100 million final 12 months.
- Russian President Vladimir Putin had a cellphone name with South African President Cyril Ramaphosa during which they mentioned the problem of Black Sea grain. The Russian chief mentioned that the primary aim of the deal, “that’s, the availability of grain to international locations in want, together with on the African continent, has not been applied”. The contract is because of expire late on Monday.
- Ukraine has criticized Bulgarian President Roman Radev for his claims that Kiev is answerable for Russia’s ongoing struggle and that supplying Ukraine with weapons solely prolongs the battle. Blaming the struggle on Ukraine, which was “treacherously attacked by its northern neighbor, is likely one of the mostly supported theses of Russian propaganda and hybrid struggle in Europe”, mentioned the Ukrainian embassy in Sofia.
- A breach of peace between Russia and Ukraine is outdoors the scope of the G20 and such efforts can be finest accomplished by the United Nations and bilateral talks, Block instructed India’s Sherpa Reuters information company.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?