In any development or construction project, the most important step is to lay a good foundation. The same thing goes for when designing a gym. The only difference is that when designing a gym, we don’t lay a stone foundation. Rather, we want to lay something that gives us a solid, reliable gym floor.
The gym floor, in spite of being the most used part of the gym, is an often-overlooked component. From people walking in and out, carrying tons of equipment, and high-intensity workouts, gym floors do take a serious beating.
And this is where choosing the right material for your gym floor becomes essential. A material that is not only cost-effective, durable, and features easy maintenance, but also a safe and comfortable surface that makes exercising for the users a breeze.
Rubber and Foam, especially EVA Foam, are two of the most popular gym flooring options. In order to decide which, one might fit you in the best way possible, first you need to determine what your specific requirements are, and then determine which of the two best fits the bill.
In this blog, we will be taking a look at the myriad advantages of both rubber and Foam Mats, which will enable you to make an informed decision. So, let’s start.
What makes Foam Mats a good gym flooring solution?
Foam Mats are a type of soft flooring that is made from a synthetic material known as EVA Foam. They are also available in the form of interlocking tiles. These mats come in a wide variety of bright colors, thereby making them suitable for children’s play areas. But when it comes to gyms, they offer more than just eye-catching colors. They bring a plethora of advantages to the table, some of which we will discuss below:
- Absorbs Impact Well: Foam Mats consist of small pockets of air and that is something that besides giving them great flexibility, gives them the ability to gently carry the weight of heavy equipment and gym-goers without caving in.
- Easy Installation and Maintenance: No special equipment or expertisation is required for the installation of Foam Tiles. All that one needs to do is take them out of the box and connect them using the interlocking tiles. So far as cleaning is concerned, you will only require a mild soap solution for occasional cleaning.
- Liquid-Proof: Foam Mats, especially those made of EVA Foam, are water-resistant just like any other materials. What that means is that any sweat or accidental spills on the floor won’t be a bother to clean.
- Good Insulator of Heat: Foam Mats, are good insulators of heat. So, the gym-goers won’t be left freezing when they come in contact with floors made of foam on cold days.
- Several Color Options: Foam Mats are available in almost every color, making it effortless for anyone to craft a color theme of their choice.
What makes rubber a good gym flooring solution?
The most common type of flooring that you will find in gyms is rubber flooring. And not without good reasons. With rubber flooring, you can give your workout space a professional look and feel, and that too without breaking the bank. Let’s take a look at the myriad advantages that rubber flooring brings to the table.
- Eco-Friendly Option: Most of the Rubber Mats that you get today are made from recycled rubber, and that is what makes it a more environmentally-conscious flooring choice.
- Perfect Shock Absorbency: Rubber Flooring provides just the right amount of compression, thereby preventing joint injury, and also safeguarding the hard floors when heavy equipment is dropped.
- Fluid-Resistant: With rubber flooring, there is no need to worry about moldy floors and moldy.
- Very Very Durable: Are you looking for an extremely hard flooring option? Then, Rubber Flooring might just be your best fit. You might have to change your gym shoes countless times before the need arises to replace the rubber flooring of your gym.
- Easy and Quick Installation: Although rubber mats are heavier than Foam Mats, which are made of EVA Foam, rubber mats are still easy to install.
Now, that you have a clear idea of what both Rubber Mats and Foam Mats have to offer, this will help you make an informed choice as per your specific requirements. If you are looking for something, that is quick, easy, or temporary, then Foam Mats, made of EVA Foam might just be the way to go.
However, if you are looking for a hardy, professional, gym floor then rubber flooring might just be your best bet. All you need to do is to perform a quick online search and get in touch with a reputed seller selling Foam Mats at affordable prices. Install these mats on your gym floor which are sure to serve you well for years to come.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?