Brother printer not connecting to WiFi is a problem encountered by the users when the device fails to establish proper connection with your WIFI network and as a result not print the desired outcome.
This is really troublesome and there are many different reasons why Brother Printer fails to establish a connection with the WIFI and stops printing.
Even sometimes the printer shows a connection established with the WIFI router but still fails to print.
Therefore, here we have done our research and listed a couple of fixes Brother printer won’t connect to wifi.
But before starting with the solutions here have a look at the common culprit responsible for the problem.
What Causes “Brother Printer Not Connecting to WIFI”?
- Outdated Driver issues: These are responsible for ensuring the Hardware installed with the PC works properly. These contain the functional code for Hardware devices. If the Drivers are outdated or corrupted, they cause problems like Brother Printer Not connecting to Wifi Network.
- Firmware problem: A firmware ensures your printer runs in a device. Considering Firmware contains codes that make for easy compatibility, an old printer might fail to pair and run with a modern computer.
- Poor Network Signals: Poor Network Signals trigger various issues and in this case, you are likely to experience Brother printer won’t connect to the WiFi network. This is because there would be a different network-related issue which is blocking the connection between them and you would need to figure out which one.
So, these are some of the common causes responsible for the problem now follow the fixes given one by one till you find the one that works for you.
How to Fix “Brother Printer Not Connecting to WIFI”?
Solution 1: Examine the Wireless Connection
Check your internet and WiFi connection status as this may result in causing the problem. If your Wi-Fi network is not operating as it should, Brother Printer can show up with the error message.
So, check your internet connection status is working properly. Despite this also check your router and Ethernet cables are connected properly.
In case everything is fine with the WIFI connection, then the issue lies with the printer instead in this case follow the next solution.
Solution 2: Power Cycle
Power Cycling is a useful technique that focuses on resolving complicated problems in an easy way out. In the case of a Brother Printer, we strongly recommend Power Cycling the router and this would reboot the device and everything related to it. Thus, the Brother printer won’t connect to WIFI can be solved.
Before you move along with the step, make sure you have the details of your internet configuration with you. Power Cycling essentially means rebooting the router and the Brother Printer together.
Here is how you power cycle your router,
- Turn on the Brother printer
- Tap on the Menu Key on the Printer
- Use up and down keys to check the Network option
- For the touch panel, press the next button to reach this point
- Click on the Network Reset button
- Press Yes or 1 on the reset network dialogue
- Reconnect to WiFi when the reset process is over
Solution 3: Updating Firmware
Firmware problems can cause the error message “Brother Printer Not connecting to Wifi Network.” Updating the Firmware ensures your printer remains up-to-date with today’s technology. Here is how you update Firmware on your Printer,
- Visit the official site of Brother Printer or click https://support.brother.com/
- Check if your Printer has already installed the tool on your Windows System
- Open the tool and carry on the forthcoming steps
- Click on Administrator
- And click on Firmware update and make sure to have the check-box Enabled
- Check on the new Firmware and tap on Submit button
- Out of the list of printers, choose the device model
- Tap on the Next button
- The Update would start and would take around 15 minutes to complete
- You would receive the message “Successfully completed” once the process is over
Solution 4: Updating Driver
A device driver is responsible to ensure Hardware functions properly in Windows and if you running an outdated or corrupted driver then this can also cause the Brother printer offline but connected to WiFi problems.
So, in this situation updating the printer driver may work for you to solve the problem.
- Tap on Windows and in the search box type Control Panel and tap Enter
- Then on Control Panel choose Hardware and Sound
- Click on Device Manager to check all the devices connected with the System
- Then choose Printers and tap on the drop-down bar to choose Brother Printer
- Right-click on it and choose Update driver
- Choose the option to search for the updated drivers automatically.
- Allow Windows to search relevant drivers and download them
- Run the installer and finish the setup
- Once done, restart your Printer and System as well.
How to Reset Brother Printer to Default Factory Settings?
Brother printer is one of the most popular printer brands that is used by many people across the globe. But sometimes, you might face problems while printing your documents using Brother printer. If your printer is not providing the desired results, then you have to change certain settings to its factory default to bring it again in a working state. Brother printers comes in various shapes and sizes, and the reset procedure varies as per the printer model.
How Factory Reset Solve Printer’s Issues?
Printer problems can be caused due to any reasons. It may be because of some issues in its interior, software and any kind of connectivity issues. There are some common troubleshooting methods that you can try to fix the Brother Printer Reset issue. Simply turning on and off your printer can also help you in troubleshoot multiple issues.
But when the same issue appears again and again, then it’s time to give your printer a hard reset. Whatever the model you are using, a hard reset will revert your printing to its default factory settings. Hard resetting Brother MFC-l2700DW Printer or any other printing model means deleting all the connections, archives, assigned printer settings. It prevents your printers from repeating the same issues multiple times. A hard reset brother printer toner and drum also clears up everything and simplifies the process to set up and connect the printer with any device.
How to reset your brother HL-l2321D printer?
Luckily, there are some quick resetting methods that you can try to fix your Brother printers. Follow the solutions below to bring your Brother printer again in a working state:
Using Printer control panel:
Before moving further in this method, switch off your printer and make sure that all covers and lids are properly covered. Then apply following steps:
- Firstly, plug the power cord in the power socket and get ready to reset.
- Now, press and hold the “go” button located on the printer’s control panel. Wait for a while till the printer is completely turned ON.
- Release “go” button and wait till the light stops blinking.
- At last, press the ‘go” button for about 5-6 times when the light indicators are active again.
The above steps will help you to reset Brother printer password and its settings to the default factory settings.
Using Software reset:
You can also reset the printer from its official site, i.e., www.Brother.com. Then, click on the “Support” menu and select the “Drivers and Downloads” option and click on “Printers” from the dropdown menu that appeared on screen.
- Select your printer model and click on the “view” and “your results” option. Now, select your OS (operating system) and click on the “search” button. Check for the result and click on the “Information and Download” link followed by the click on the “Download” button.
- Run the downloaded program and follow the instructions until completion. Launch BRAdmin software and select Brother HL-2270DW printer to reset.
- Open “Control” menu and click on the “Network Configuration” option. Type in your password and then click “OK”.
- Navigate the “Control” menu and select “Factory Reset”.
Resetting your Brother printer to the default factory setting can help you troubleshoot all the printer issues. But before resetting it is recommended to create a backup file for all your documents, archives, passwords, and IP addresses.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?