Digestive issues like constipation, diarrhoea, heartburn, and bloating are pretty common nowadays. What lies at the root of most of these problems is stress and improper eating habits. But the good news is that consulting an Ayurvedic Doctor in Parramatta and some modifications in lifestyle measures can help tackle digestion issues efficiently.
Here, we will be taking a look at the different Ayurvedic Treatment for Digestive Issues. So, let’s start.
Ayurvedic Treatment for Digestive Issues
If we follow healthy eating habits, then that can help ward off digestive issues to a great extent. But, unfortunately, we all have experienced digestion problems at some point or the other. So, now the question arises, how to deal with common digestion issues like constipation or indigestion? Well, Ayurveda is here to help. Let’s take a look at the different types of digestive issues and the different Ayurvedic Treatment for Digestive Issues.
- Indigestion: Indigestion is something that can give you a feeling of fullness and also bloated ness. It is also known to cause felting or barching thereby bringing up better testing food or fluids to your mouth. There are some Ayurvedic treatment for Digestive Issues that can help with this condition:
- Dried Ginger: Take 1gm of dried ginger powder twice a day with warm water before meals.
- Long Pepper: You can also take 2 to 3 grams of long pepper powder twice a day with lukewarm water after meals.
- Ajmoda: Alternatively, you can take 2 to 3 grams of ajmoda powder two or three times a day with lukewarm water or buttermilk.
- Hyperacidity: Hyperacidity is the most common reported digestion problem like a sour taste in your mouth, hard burn, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, gas, etc. Some Ayurvedic treatment for digestive issues that can treat this condition effectively are:
- Coriander Seeds: you can have an infusion of coriander seeds along with sugar twice a day.
- Coconut Water: An Ayurvedic Doctor in Parramatta often suggests drinking water from green coconut twice a day.
- Fennel Seeds: You can also chew ½ teaspoon of fennel seeds after meals.
- Constipation: One of the most important things that need to be considered for tackling Constipation is to consume a diet that is easily digestible, light, and high in fiber. Also, you need to bear in mind that if you are prone to this condition, you need to drink sufficient fluids at least 2 to 3 liters per day. Also, an Ayurvedic doctor in Parramatta recommends having a glass of warm water quite early in the morning as that is something that goes a long way in keeping your digestive system healthy. Some Ayurvedic treatment for digestive issues that can help remedy Constipation are:
- Isabgol Husk: Consume 2 to 5 grams with hot milk or warm water at bedtime.
- Sonamukhi: Alternatively, you can also consume 1 to 2-gram sonamukhi fruit pulp or churna with lukewarm water before you go to bed.
- Haritaki: It is suggested to take 3 gm oz haritaki fruit powder with lukewarm water at bedtime.
Bloating: One of the commonest digestion problems is passing gas. But if your tummy feels bloated and uncomfortable then that might be a problem. Foods such as fizzy drinks, onions, beans, sprouts, broccoli, cauliflowers, and cabbages are known to cause bloating. Therefore, cutting down on these foods can help reduce bloating to a great extent. Moreover, you should always avoid talking while you are eating as that causes swallowing of air which can be a cause of bloating.
Some Ayurvedic treatment for digestive issues that can tackle gas or bloat are:
- Asafetida: Add about 5 grams of asafoetida to a glass of hot water along with a teaspoon of sugar which acts as a test enhancer. This mixture is known to ease flatulence.
- Carom Seeds: Roast a teaspoon of carom seeds and crush them gently once they are cooled. Add a pinch of salt to this mixture. This powder goes a long way in providing relief from gas.
- Curry Leaves: Take around 20 to 25 fresh clean Curry leaves and juice them. Add a cup of water, a teaspoon of honey, and a teaspoon of lemon juice to the mixture. This is known to provide relief from nausea as well as gas that is caused by indigestion. But make sure that you consume this preparation fresh.
- Diarrhoea: Diarrhoea is another common digestion problem that is caused by infections, allergies, and disorders of the digestive tract. If you are suffering from diarrhoea, you need to replace electrolytes and lost fluids, thereby preventing dehydration. And if this condition lasts for more than three days, you need to get in touch with an Ayurvedic Doctor in Parramatta.
Some Ayurvedic Treatment for Digestive Issues specifically for diarrhoea include:
- Long Pepper: Add 2 to 3 gm of long pepper powder to one litre of buttermilk. You need to consume 250 ml of this spiced buttermilk after every 6 hours.
- Fennel Seed: You can also consume 3 to 5 gm of fennel seed powder with buttermilk 3 to 4 times a day.
- Jeera: Alternatively, you can also have 1 to 2 gm of fried jeers along with 250mL of buttermilk 4 times a day.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?